From scientific programming for geodesy and photogrammetry, to the development of additional GIS features such as QGIS or ArcGis, to web programming or mobile applications using geographic information, to the administration of spatial databases, visualization and 3D data analysis via the BigData, computer science is an essential discipline in the field of geographic sciences as a support for the geomatics professions.
The DEI strives to provide students with a general computer literacy, with a focus on mastery of concepts before mastering the tools. These come in addition to the geomatics courses taught by the other departments of the school and necessary for students for their future professional career in geographic information sciences.
The department’s activities are also focused on technological intelligence and research activities, in partnership with the IGN’s research laboratories, but also on the publication, via a dedicated platform, of its course materials.
The courses provided by the department are the following :
- algorithmic and graph theory;
- modeling, analysis and database;
- programming: initiation and object-oriented programming;
- techniques and good development practices;
- web development and mobile applications;
The courses taught by the division specializing in 3rd year in computer science and information systems include :
- AGILE methods and advanced development techniques
- Développement Back-End (J2ee, nodeJS) et Front-End
- Modélisation, traitement et visualisation de l’information géographique 3D
- Architecture des système d’information
- Big Data
- Cloud Computing, virtualisation, conteneurisation (Docker)
The DEI intervenes both in initial training and continuing education. It defines the curricula: objectives and course content as well as evaluation methods. Students are supervised by teachers during their IT project, development or during their IT-oriented internship. They also take part in the admissions juries of the different formations of the school.
Updated the 21 November 2018△